The ECHS Social Studies Department strives to help prepare our students to be successful and productive members of society after high school. In grades 9-12 our students are encouraged to communicate, collaborate, and succeed in their educational endeavors. Our hope is that students will have a better understanding and appreciation for the world around us and the history that got us here than they had when they first came to us. We provide a rigorous and challenging curriculum across the grade levels so that our students will have the tools necessary for success.
The purpose of Social Studies classes at ECHS is to help our students to obtain the skills and knowledge that they will need to be active and productive members of our community and society. An emphasis will be placed on understanding their role and importance in the political process of our Democracy in the United States. Students will have a better understanding of issues and conflicts that not only affect the United States but the world as a whole.
ECHS Social Studies Teachers:
1. Engage our students daily in their pursuit of academic excellence.
2. Enjoy our daily interactions with our students.
3. Discuss current and relevant issues and events.
4. Provide a safe and productive learning environment for our students.
5. Foster a sense of creativity and ownership in our students.
6. Help our students to understand their role and importance in the political process.
7. Relate the importance of having a quality education in life.
8. Help prepare our students for a college/university education and life in the work force.
9. Help our students to have a better understanding of the world around them as a whole.
10. To understand and value the importance of the diversity of the community, society and world around them.